- Dickinson’s Uncertainty Principle: We Grow Accustomed To The Dark by Emily Dickinson
by Jough Dempsey - 14 October 1999
Dickinson’s Uncertainty Principle - a look at Emily Dickinson’s style through this particular poem.
- The Tyger by William Blake
by Jough Dempsey - 17 September 1998
An unpopular opinion concerning this poem by William Blake.
- The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S. Eliot
by Jough Dempsey - 24 February 1997
A brief essay providing a simple overview of the poem.
- Crossing Brooklyn Ferry by Walt Whitman (A Dialogue)
by Jough Dempsey - 22 November 1999
A dramatic dialogue between Jough and Shwuan - two friends discussing Whitman’s poem “Crossing Brooklyn Ferry”
- anyone lived in a pretty how town by e.e. cummings
by Jough Dempsey - 26 March 1999
Cummings’s work is daunting for a reader who wants poetry to conform to certain grammatical standards, but for those who are willing to stretch the limit…